Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDA is open to all Yu-Gi-Oh duelists.
Duel alongside or with other people to enhance your dueling skills here at Envoy Duel Academy.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The rebirth of EDA.
Menu
Latest topics
» A Trip Down Memory Lane
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby keo Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 am

» A new card game for this place?
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby yugar Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:57 pm

» trying again
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby yugar Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:51 pm

» A new Fate
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby Lost Fate Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 pm

» New decks in the game!
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby yugar Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

» what happend???
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby yugar Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

» Help with Symphonic Warrior
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby Ultraviolence Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 pm

» Kuriboo vs {edgy clan name here}cheese
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby Neo-Eyes Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby Gagethompson Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

» The King Of All Grovyles Deck Shop <3
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby Gobbly_Goobers Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 pm

» Tournament suggestions
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby yugar Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

» RaidRaptor Deck Discussion
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:02 pm

» Drace's Guide To A Proper Blackwing Deck
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Top posters
keo
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_vote_lcapFiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_voting_barFiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_vote_rcap 
yugideckfan
Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_vote_lcapFiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_voting_barFiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill I_vote_rcap 
jef12345
yugar
Gagethompson
EnigmaL
Bladecharge
Jericho
Drace101
Durbe King Of Angels

Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Magma Golem (Pyro)
Teacher
Teacher
Magma Golem (Pyro)

Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Empty
PostSubject: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 12:37 pm

when building your deck you have two trap to choose from to stop monster effs, Breakthrough Skill or Fiendish Chain. I'll be telling you the advatages and disadvantages of each trap and tell which is better in my opinion.

Fiendish Chain

Advantages
Attack Stopper, When your opponent's monster declares an atk you can chain it and stop the atk (thank you captain obvious). In a way this can protect your monster (if you're lucky) for another turn.
Monster eff Negater, some monsters are just too Op if you ask me so why not we just stop them from doing the worst.
Great in a Ninja Deck, when the monster is removed from the field (without being destroyed) Fiendish Chain lays endlessly on the field, this is good. It's a step closer to Uria's summon

Disadvantages
Clogs up the field, if not in the right deck this is bad because you have fewer spots left for your backrow.
Vulnerable to MST, since its a Continuous trap any card that destroys the trap in the same chain results in the card never fully resolving, leaving it a waste of time.

Breakthrough Skill

Advantages
Double use, can be used up to twice if the requirements are met.
Can activate in your grave, during your turn and your turn only.
Great in just about any deck, that just about solves it all xD.
Better than veiler, due to its "double use" eff.
Chainable to MST, if your opponent is a fool and tries to waste mst on your back row, you can chain this card.

Disadvantage
The graveyard eff can only be used on your turn, which can be bad, since most of the good monster effs are listed as "Once Per Turn".
Doesn't stop the atk like fiendish chain does.

So if you ask me, i would perfer fiendish chain because it's a lot more chainable than Breakthrough skill. If i don't run Fiendish chain, i don't run breakthough unless i feel its needed.

So when you come to the question: "Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough",this post should help you decide.
Back to top Go down
Gagethompson
Administrator
Administrator
Gagethompson

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:10 pm

you should of also talked about maybe skill prisoner. And another disadvantage to fiendish chain is that if your opponent summons gem knight pearl, you will not be able to stop the attack
Back to top Go down
Magma Golem (Pyro)
Teacher
Teacher
Magma Golem (Pyro)

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:47 pm

i don't think prisoner is that common :/
Back to top Go down
Gagethompson
Administrator
Administrator
Gagethompson

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Its pretty good though cause it can be used on your opponents turn in the graveyard unlike breakthrough skill
Back to top Go down
Magma Golem (Pyro)
Teacher
Teacher
Magma Golem (Pyro)

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 6:58 pm

read it, it's better to be compared with breakthrough skill than fiendish chain
Back to top Go down
*Judgment Dragon*
CE Dragon
CE Dragon
*Judgment Dragon*

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptySun Aug 17, 2014 8:49 pm

Personally, because my main is Lightsworn, breakthrough skill doesn't have a downside. As putting fiendish chain in my deck, would probably result in it being milled and then unusable, where as playing breakthrough skill if I mill it then I can still use it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:19 am

nice lesson you have on here about two different trap cards and the advantages and disadvantages as well, i will be thinking about that next time when i build a deck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:22 am

how about a lesson on pendulum summoning and monsters on how they work please?, i have been wanting to learn about pendulums and how they work and wanted to know the right way of doing it and pendulum summoning and explaining their effects and stuff. can you please make this a lesson whenever you read this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill   Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill Empty

Back to top Go down

Fiendish Chain or Breakthrough Skill
Page 1 of 1