Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDA is open to all Yu-Gi-Oh duelists.
Duel alongside or with other people to enhance your dueling skills here at Envoy Duel Academy.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The rebirth of EDA.
Menu
Latest topics
» A Trip Down Memory Lane
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby keo Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 am

» A new card game for this place?
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby yugar Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:57 pm

» trying again
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby yugar Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:51 pm

» A new Fate
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby Lost Fate Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 pm

» New decks in the game!
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby yugar Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

» what happend???
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby yugar Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

» Help with Symphonic Warrior
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby Ultraviolence Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 pm

» Kuriboo vs {edgy clan name here}cheese
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby Neo-Eyes Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby Gagethompson Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

» The King Of All Grovyles Deck Shop <3
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby Gobbly_Goobers Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 pm

» Tournament suggestions
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby yugar Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

» RaidRaptor Deck Discussion
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:02 pm

» Drace's Guide To A Proper Blackwing Deck
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Top posters
keo
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_vote_lcapHow To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_voting_barHow To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_vote_rcap 
yugideckfan
How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_vote_lcapHow To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_voting_barHow To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 I_vote_rcap 
jef12345
yugar
Gagethompson
EnigmaL
Bladecharge
Jericho
Drace101
Durbe King Of Angels

How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1

Go down 
+3
giorgi01
Strigoi
Quasar
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Gagethompson
Administrator
Administrator
Gagethompson

How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Empty
PostSubject: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 8:24 pm

Always think about what do you want your deck to accomplish or the basic theme of the deck. By doing this you make sure you know what cards that you need to fill the extra spaces. For Example If I am playing inzektors, Im not going to have a lot of monster so Im going to have a lot of spots, for spells and traps, I know I need cards the work well inzektors, cards to destroy my opponents backrow so my plays go off, cards to special summon cards from the graveyard, cards to make your deck more consistant, and making sure you can survive your opponents turn. I know all this from knowing how inzektors work and what they want to do.

You also want to make sure your deck is consistant. Your deck can draw cards to keep up with fast decks, can search for what the deck needs to get it going, and can setup anyplay you need as fast as possible. For Example in one of my koaki meiru decks, I try to go second to get that extra card on my opponent at the start but sometimes it doesn't work how I want so in those situations I run 3 cardcar d, and 3 reckless greed. If I dont draw those 1st turn then I should of at least drew combo peices or search cards like 1 of 3 Diamond core, 2 Reinforcements, 3 tenkis.
The example for setting up plays, Dark synchro decks might run Armeggeddon knight, dark grepher, or foolish burial to set up their graves faster to make their combos work faster.

Make sure you know your decks strenghts and weaknessess. Take advantage of your strengths and add cards to your deck to counteract your weakness. The more strength you have over weakness the more likely youre going to win. For example In Mythic rulers, The deck is too full of spells and monsters to have any traps and traps really stop the deck so to counter that weakness they run royal opression. Mythic rulers wish to overwehlm their opponent for victory.

Finally for your side deck. After dueling with your deck for a long time, hopefully you relize what decks have been giving you the most trouble. Maybe your deck has a couple cards that dont affect their deck or maybe they are just that bit better. For this put in cards that designated for shutting them down. For Example If I was running Kaoki meirus, all my monsters are not dark or light, so in my side deck I run 2 of each prisoning mirror. These help against bujins and light sworn. For a short talk about the mirrors check out Grovyle's lesson.
https://envoyduelacademy.forumotion.com/t206-3rd-lesson-imprisoning-mirrors-how-do-they-actually-work

Homework, Go look through your decks and see if you need anywhere to improve in your decks and how to make them better whether it be increasing consistancy or anything discussed above.
Back to top Go down
Quasar
BLS Twilight
BLS Twilight
Quasar

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptySun Aug 10, 2014 10:13 pm

right i have a satellarknight deck. i usually use deneb and unukalkai or whatever its name to either get cards into my hand or cards into the grave so i can use altair. Now i have two options run 3 star drawing or sirius. star drawing lets me draw when ii xyz with it but sirius lets me put cards back into my deck. What would be better?
Back to top Go down
Gagethompson
Administrator
Administrator
Gagethompson

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:08 am

If you ever need to figure which cards will make your deck better, first save your deck, but just go out dueling a couple of duels and see how it feels, then try with different cards and see which one bends to your playstyle.
Back to top Go down
Quasar
BLS Twilight
BLS Twilight
Quasar

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 2:09 am

see thats why i asked. they feel the same to me. but in terms of dueling i want to know which it better.
Back to top Go down
Strigoi
CE Dragon
CE Dragon
Strigoi

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 4:03 am

might wanna add synergy, (the interaction or cooperation of two or more organizations, substances, or other agents to produce a combined effect greater than the sum of their separate effects) every deck that has great synergy is really consistent and (depending on the deck itself) OP
Back to top Go down
giorgi01
BLS Beginning
BLS Beginning

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 9:29 am

yeah my original decks are xyz synchro and dark knight so to improve dark knight (about dark paladin) i must add more spells for dark magician for xyz i must add easier summoning and in synchro like in xyz too and in all decks i must add more traps
Back to top Go down
Sacred_Ga
BLS Beginning
BLS Beginning

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 1:04 pm

With a Nordic deck that focuses on summoning the three Nordic gods, it can often feel like playing a rock-paper-scissors. I should find ways to improve its consistency. With that I could have all of them summoned at the same time more often.
Back to top Go down
yugar
BLS Twilight
BLS Twilight
yugar

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyThu Aug 14, 2014 3:42 pm

With a Six Samurai deck all you need to do is Special summon six samurais and its all about the team because their effects can only be done if there is another Six Samurai monster on the field (execpt Shi En) So to Improve it I can use the Shiens for support
Back to top Go down
Gobbly_Goobers

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:26 pm

i play cyber dragons withh 3 valley. I dont need valley, so i dropped it to two, but what if i machine dup it, then it would be good to have 3. How much should i play?
- Corbin
Back to top Go down
Gagethompson
Administrator
Administrator
Gagethompson

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

Cyber Dragon is an interesting deck especially with the new card Cyber Dragon Infinity <-- this card is the bane of my existence. What I could recommend is watching Youtube videos on the cyber dragon deck. From these you can form an understanding of what Cyber Dragons can do and what is usually in every deck. This is how you find what the deck absolutely needs. I'm not familiar with Cyber Dragon so I can't help much =(, sorry.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1   How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1 Empty

Back to top Go down

How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1
Page 1 of 1