Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Log-in or Register now to join Envoy Duel Academy!
Dueling Network members are always welcome.
(If you are new to the academy, click Chatbox then Log-In to talk to our staff for help or information once you've registered.)
Envoy Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDA is open to all Yu-Gi-Oh duelists.
Duel alongside or with other people to enhance your dueling skills here at Envoy Duel Academy.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
The rebirth of EDA.
Menu
Latest topics
» A Trip Down Memory Lane
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby keo Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:54 am

» A new card game for this place?
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby yugar Sat Feb 20, 2016 10:57 pm

» trying again
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby yugar Mon Oct 26, 2015 12:51 pm

» A new Fate
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby Lost Fate Mon Sep 21, 2015 3:14 pm

» New decks in the game!
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby yugar Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:08 pm

» what happend???
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby yugar Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:06 pm

» Help with Symphonic Warrior
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby Ultraviolence Tue Aug 04, 2015 11:04 pm

» Kuriboo vs {edgy clan name here}cheese
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby Neo-Eyes Tue Aug 04, 2015 4:55 pm

» How To build a deck Part 1 And Homework assignment 1
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby Gagethompson Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:51 pm

» The King Of All Grovyles Deck Shop <3
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby Gobbly_Goobers Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:30 pm

» Tournament suggestions
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby yugar Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:18 pm

» RaidRaptor Deck Discussion
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:02 pm

» Drace's Guide To A Proper Blackwing Deck
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Emptyby KURIBOO Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:00 pm

Top posters
keo
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_vote_lcap2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_voting_bar2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_vote_rcap 
yugideckfan
2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_vote_lcap2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_voting_bar2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  I_vote_rcap 
jef12345
yugar
Gagethompson
EnigmaL
Bladecharge
Jericho
Drace101
Durbe King Of Angels

2nd Lesson: Missing the timing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jedi Master Grovyle
Administrator
Administrator
Jedi Master Grovyle

2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Empty
PostSubject: 2nd Lesson: Missing the timing    2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 12:46 pm

"Missing the timing"

Sometimes an optional effect can only be activated "when" a condition happens. In this case, you are only allowed to activate the effect when the activation condition being met was the last thing to happen in the game. If something else happened after the activation condition was met, then you have missed the timing, and cannot activate the optional effect. Optional effects which can miss the timing are usually phrased "When" or "you can"

This mainly applies to Monster Cards with optional Trigger Effects such as Peten the Dark Clown and Poison Draw Frog, but it can also affect Spell and Trap Cards such as "Appropriate" and "Heart of the Underdog".

Some examples:

Example #1
If Peten the Dark Clown is Tributed for a Tribute Summon, the last thing that happened was that a monster was Summoned, so the effect of "Peten" does not activate.

This is because you first Tribute Peten the Dark Clown as a cost, and afterwards the other monster is successfully Tribute Summoned. The last thing to happen was not Peten the Dark Clown being sent to the Graveyard, so it misses the timing.

Example #2
If Peten the Dark Clown is Tributed for Mystic Wok or Cannon Soldier, the last thing that happened was that those effects resolved, so the effect of "Peten" does not activate.

This is because you first Tribute Peten the Dark Clown as a cost, and afterwards "Mystic Wok" resolves and increases your Life Points. The last thing to happen was not Peten the Dark Clown being Tributed, so Peten the Dark Clown misses the timing

Optional effects that do not miss the timing
:

Note thatMissing the timing only applies to optional effect that are activated "When" or "you can" something happens, It does not apply to optional effect that are activated "If." something happens, such as Watapon or Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem, and it does not apply to optional effects that are activated "After.." something happens (like Voltanis the Adjudicator), Effects like these can never miss the timing, Similarly phrased "When" compulsory effects also cannot miss the timing.

Hope you have learned something here today that you can take into your future duels <3

Last edited by Pokemon Grovyle on Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:37 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Jedi Master Grovyle
Administrator
Administrator
Jedi Master Grovyle

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Lesson: Missing the timing    2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 1:09 pm

Also Apology's if it does say size=18 and size/ on here I'm not exactly sure why maybe i presses something i shouldn't have idk but all of the info's still there and i hope you have learned something on here that you can take into future duels <3

Last edited by Pokemon Grovyle on Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
seanbo98
CE Dragon
CE Dragon

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Lesson: Missing the timing    2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  EmptyMon Aug 04, 2014 11:21 pm

This was a good thing to pick timing confused me for the longest time lol
Back to top Go down
Jedi Master Grovyle
Administrator
Administrator
Jedi Master Grovyle

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Lesson: Missing the timing    2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 7:00 am

No worries man glad i could help Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 2nd Lesson: Missing the timing    2nd Lesson: Missing the timing  Empty

Back to top Go down

2nd Lesson: Missing the timing
Page 1 of 1